AWLGRIP AWLCAT #3 TOPCOAT BRUSHING CONVERTER
Awlgrip AwlCat #3 Brushing
Converter is TO BE USED WITH
AWLGRIP ONLY WHEN
BRUSHING OR ROLLING.
Suggested for professional use only.
Awlgrip AwlCat #3 Brushing Converter is TO BE USED WITH AWLGRIP ONLY WHEN BRUSHING OR ROLLING. Suggested for professional use only.
- Type: 2 part linear Aliphatic Polyester Polyurethane
- Size: Available in 1 gallon and 1 quart containers
- Theoretical coverage: Spray Application: 530 Sq. Feet at 1 mil dry film thickness. 210 Sq. Feet at recommended dry film thickness.
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness: 6-9 mils (150-225 microns), total of 2-3 coats.
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 2-3 mils (50-75 microns), total of 2-3 coats.
- Coverage calculations are calculated for mixed base and converter, reduced 25% and are based on a theoretical transfer efficiency of 100%. Actual coverage rate obtained will vary according to equipmen
- Anticipated Cure Time at 77°F/50% R.H: 24 hours to tape free; 3 days to light service; 14 days for full cure.
- rush/Roller Application: 700-725 Sq. Feet at 1 mil dry 285 Sq. Feet at recommended dry film thickness.
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness: 4.5-6 mils (112.5-150 microns), total of 2 coats.
- Recoatability: Spray applications consist of two to three coats applied over 1-4 hours. Exact time will vary with temperature, project size, and film thickness.
- Brush/roller applications require min 2 coats at least 16 hrs apart. Awlgrip topcoats that have cured for over 24 hrs must be sanded before recoating.
- VOC: Brush Converter H3002 276 g/lt or 2.3 lbs/gallon
Conventional air atomized spray, HVLP spray, brush, or roller.
Mixing and Reduction Mix by volume two parts Awlgrip Topcoat Base Component with one part AWL-CAT H3002 Brushing Converter until one smooth, homogenous mixture is obtained. Reduce 25% to 33% with T0031. Overall mix is 2:1/4-1 volume. Example: 8 oz base, 4 oz H3002, 3-4 oz T0031.
Download MSDS File