AWLGRIP ULTRA-BUILD EPOXY PRIMER
AwlGrip Ultra-Bulld two component epoxy primer has excellent sag resistance and excellent film build/filling capability. Use with other Awl-Grip primes where high build and filling is required above the waterline.
Apply via conventional or airless spray. Pressure feed equipment is required.
This product should only be applied over other properly prepared Awlgrip Primers.
Mixing and Reduction - Mix by volume one part D8008 with one part D3018 to a smooth homogenous mixture. Reduce 5%-25%with T0073 for conventional spray, but airless spray requires no reduction.
Application Instructions - Apply in smooth, even coats, allow one hour between coats at 77 F/50% RH.
Note: Do not apply more than 2 coats without allowing to cure hard, 12 to 24 hours. Do not apply paint materials to surfaces warmer than 105 F or colder than 55 F.
- Type: Epoxy Polyamide
- Packaging: Available in 1 gallon and 1 quart containers
- Theoretical Coverage: Sq. Feet/Gallon 946 Sq. Feet at one mil dry
- 47-63 Sq. Feet at recommended dry film thickness
- Calculated for mixed base and converter reduced 10%.
- Coverage calculations are based on theoretical transfer efficiency of 100%.
- ctual coverage rate obtained will vary according to equipment choice, application techniques, part size, and application environment.
- Recommended Wet Film Thickness: 25-30 mils (625-750 microns)
- Recommended Dry Film Thickness: 15-20 mils (375-500 microns)
- Recoatability: May be overcoated with 545 Primer, HIGH BUILD Primer, SPRAYABLE FAIRING Compound, AWL-FAIR® L.W., and AWL-QUIK®.
- Minimum with itself, 1 hour; other products, 12 hours. Maximum without sanding 24 hours. Sanding before overcoating with other products is recommended.
- VOC: Base D8008 496 g/lt or 4.1 lbs/gallon
- Induction time after mixing: 15 minutes
- Pot Life is 8 hours at 77 F/50% relative humidity
Download MSDS File